I would like to preface: You’re asking the wrong question.
You are trying to ask a logical mathematical question to solve an equation like 1+1 = 2. But in reality, 1+1 = X. there is no pathway to just “boost” sales. Sure, what everyone wrote is not bad: advertise more, SEO, Social etc etc. They all work, but you need to step back and understand….
What are you offering your client that someone else is not? You didn’t explain your business and whether you are reselling someone else’s product or your own. Why are people going to come to you first of all? Imagine your standing in a huge crowd, and that crowd’s chatter is loud – really loud. Why are they supposed to shut up and listen to you? What do you do different?
One you identify that, you can start to formulate your marketing approach because you will know your reason for existence in the market. Do they listen to you because you have the best product? The best prices? The best service?
Now follow these steps:
- Once you identify those, then start to build your site of content that reflects that. So now you will have a story to tell when someone eventually finds you.
- They have to find you. Since you know what you are good at, what people will listen to you? Will they be on amazon/eBay? CSE’s? Etsy? Facebook? Figure out where your target listeners are.
- Contribute to the cause. If its amazon or a place to just sell directly on, sign up for an account and start to sell. If its something more social like an Etsy or Facebook, start contributing content and making friends/followers. You can do that through being relevant and talking to people one on one. Again, think about that giant crowd your standing in. You can yell at the top of your lungs, or you can poke person by person and have a conversation and do something nice for them.
- Listen and understand what works and what does not. Did you go on amazon and no ones buying? Why? Don’t give up, but understand how to get in front of your audience. Use their advertising module for PPC. Is no one responding or liking on facebook? Are you in the right groups? Have you shown any value? Hone in on what people are saying or lack there of and keep trying
- Hone that knife. And by that knife I mean your skill set. Keep reading and continue to understand what works and what does not. Celebrate your wins, replicate them – and as for the losses, spend more time on them to understand why they failed. Rinse and repeat.
That is how you boost sales. By first understanding why your worth what you are and what you have to offer. Afterwards, you can employ all the tools people have been talking about here. Don’t get sucked into the trap of just trying to use one tool after another like: this month lets try SEO, this month lets try PPC, this month lets try re-targeting etc. Understand the big picture and then comb through.